Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Dusted off the Sewing Machine!!


Alright, so my friend Julie is going to have a baby girl (Reese Taylor) at the end of December. And when I was thinking about baby gifts, of course I thought of a "Pretty Dress" and something pink, but I wanted to do something a little more personal. So I broke-out the sewing machine and my shopping cart cover pattern. I made one about 4 years ago for Megan, and told myself I would never ever make one again. (I must really like you Julie!) So about the middle of October I started making it, well lets just say, I ended up trashing it! So back to the fabric store I go, but this time Don talked me into make one for a girl he works with. So now I have 2 to make. I can't draw in a straight line, how in the hell am I suppose to sew in a straight line!?!? So all in all I am very happy with how they turned out! Just don't look to close, I never said I was a seamstress! And isn't my model the cuties!


So I guess you can add shopping cart covers to my list of so called talents. The pillowcase dress is next, Megan picked out the fabric in the last photo for her dress, stay turned for that!

3 comments:

itsTaniasworld-youjustliveinit said...

YAY!!!!! They look REALLY good!!!! You're so talented :)

Granny said...

You are too talented! Maybe Gracie would like one too?

The Georgia Caspermeyer's said...

Awesome job! This would be such a great gift. 75% of the ones in stores are so ugly. Have you checked out how much people sell these for on www.etsy.com? $50+!!!